This... could be why:
More like FAILligraphy! (Am I right?!?)
Okay, maybe it's not thaaat bad?? Part of me thinks "Gooood job Miss Thimble!!" In a coaxing a 4-year old to keep trying tone of voice. But really, it looks like exactly what it is. Like an impatient person traced delicate calligraphy font with a white gel pen. I'm not convinced this is the best option for me.
The problem is, I didn't plan ahead. It's way too late to enlist a calligrapher to pretty up my envelopes, and I've been spending like crazy on the wedding lately. I don't think I should add an unexpected cost- and a rush-job ($$) at that.
I love Miss Argyle's hand addressed envelopes (yes I love your calligraphy too!) And at the very least, I write the letter M similarly to Penned and Pretty's. I read some of Jessica's blog posts including the one where she asks her friends and readers if she should go for it- if they'd pay her to hand-write their envelopes, and I was inspired to try it myself. She's a gal who discovered her love for handwriting when addressing her own wedding invitations. Why can't I hand-address my own invitations too?
I openly confess, I really studied her style while I worked. Laptop open on my left, workspace laid out on the coffee table:
I learned that if I make my writing less slanty, more upright, and if I space my letters a little more apart, then it's easier to read and a little bit prettier. I just need to work on consistency.
What do we think, hive? Should I keep working on faux-ligraphy, or should I work on my own handwriting? Have you run into any addressing bumps in the road?


