Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sitting Pretty

aka lucky in love!

Hive, I am on the receiving end of a (very!!) happy accident.  And you're the only people in my life, besides my mother, who can truly understand how I feel. Again, I have to link back to this old post, in which I let myself pine over beautiful chiavari chairs in long rows down our guest tables, if only for a sentence or two. Siiiiiiigh... chiavaaari... One wedding splurge that I decided I simply could not allow.  I stayed sensible, I compromised with white, folding, included-in the-price, padded chairs.

These chairs:
source
They'll do, of course. They are lovely little basic chairs.  I stopped thinking about my choices and my upgrade options, and I stifled my tinge of regret and slight jealousy whenever I would see a wedding with these beauts:

source
Until I checked my email on Monday afternoon, and found this little bit of fortune:

Dear Miss Thimble,

I wanted to get your permission to upgrade your chairs to the natural Chiavari chair. We have a shortage of the white padded chairs at other locations and wish to use the ones at your venue, upgrading you (no charge of course). Let me know if this is ok and please do not feel like you have to agree, if it does not fit with your plans we’ll figure out another solution and keep the white padded chairs for you.

From, My Rental/Venue Guy

Wait, I'm sorry, "Let me know if it is okay??!?"  Heck yeah it's okay! It's a little bit of Manna from Heaven, is what that is. Amazeballs and awesome sauce in blogger speak.

Fellow brides, friends, readers, Hive: I had tears of joy clouding my eyes. Tears. That's what over two years of planning a wedding will do to a normally reasonable, sensible woman- offer her free Chiavari chairs, and she will be shaken to the core at the thought of her good fortune, as if she's won the lottery and an Oscar in the same day. But I mean, who wouldn't be elated over this?:

source

To go from this loveliness:
source

To this wow-factor:
source
I know. Deep breaths everyone, try to stay calm.

Has anything awesome just fallen into your lap lately and made your whole week? There's lots of stress involved in wedding planning, lets share some happy fun stories!