Monday, August 16, 2010

A Wedding Band With Heart, Made for Moi

Remember this adorablewonderfulmostperfectever Etsy find? No? That's fair.  But get ready a story of a little wedding ring with big heart, because I just took this brand new custom palladium wedding band from WroughtGold out of it safekeeping envelope for a photo shoot for hive-sharing purposes:


The day I posted about the Etsy heart wedding ring that caught my eye, I convo-ed Gaelen of WroughtGold for a price quote for a 3mm version, in my size, with possibly a rose gold heart instead of the black enamel on the 5mm original.  He came back quickly with a very very reasonable- like perfectly in my price point- number and a great idea to raise the heart on top of the palladium band rather than use rose-gold colored enamel or a labor-intensive gold inlay.  He sent me a mock up pic probably made in CAD and within 24 hours I paid him, and he made the whole ring! (He had some free time that Sat. My timing was good!). Within 10 days, little bitty heart ring made this loooong journey:

thanks, Google Maps!

I know, right? Poor little thing had a long ways to go. And I couldn't track it once it crossed the US border.

But soon enough I had this envelope in my hand:



And inside that envelope was this littler envelope:


And peeking out from under the scrap paper with my name on it was this glorious little ring:


Hey, it's not the outside (ehem, no frills packaging) but what's on the inside that counts.

I looove this ring and I cannot WAIT to wear it forever. I just think it is so very me-- so very Mr. Thimble and me. A little quirky, a little classic.  Coordinates with Mr. T's band, with an uuber girly detail.  I usually wear my heart on my sleeve- now I wear it on my ring finger!  And the heart is sooo tiny, should I ever wish I didn't impetuously purchase this heart ring as my wedding band (I won't) I can just turn it around.

Mr. Thimble's band should arrive this week. So get ready for another amateur photo shoot.